Founding Associate Director, LL.M. Program in International Law at Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University
January 2008 - November 2009
Position involved day-to-day operational responsibility for LL.M. program in international law, which welcomed its inaugural class in August 2008.
* Played leadership role in launching new program, including program design, curricular and programmatic planning, admissions processes, marketing and outreach
* Primary responsibilities included: admissions and financial aid disbursement; preparation of annual budgets, quarterly and monthly financial reports and projections; coordinating speakers and guest lecturers; career services assistance; hiring and managing support staff; overseeing print and web advertising; production of marketing materials, newsletters, and website content; event and conference logistics; organizing 'brown bag' thesis seminars; long-term strategic planning, development, and program review; and general operational management.
President (volunteer), McGill Alumni Association of Boston at McGill Alumni Association of Boston
September 2003 - May 2008
President (2006-2008) and Acting President and founder, Young Alumni of Boston (2004-2006). Responsible for overseeing eight-ten person Board of Directors, event planning, coordination with university, representing alumni branch at regional and other events; board recruitment and management. Awarded "Branch President of the Year" by Alumni Association in 2007 and E.P. Taylor Award for Distinguished Service, 2004.
Co-Chair (volunteer) at Annual Volunteer Phonathon, McGill University Alma Mater Fund
May 2002 - May 2006
One of two co-chairs for the Annual Volunteer Phonathon, taking place over two days in May of each year. Responsible for recruiting Faculty and School chairs and volunteers, and making soliciation and thank you calls to alumni.
President (volunteer) at McGill Society of Montreal
February 2001 - July 2003
President of the McGill Society of Montreal, McGill's main Montreal-based alumni branch. Responsible for overseeing annual event planning, Society administration, management and recruitment of Directors.
Sessional Lecturer at McGill University, Institute of Comparative Law
January 1998 - June 2003
* Taught "Children and the Law" and "Canadian Legal History"
* Created and taught seminar on "Legal Issues in Legal Personality and Paternalism" (1999 and 2001)
Founding President (volunteer) at McGill Young Alumni Advisory Board, McGill Faculty of Law
February 1998 - June 2001
Founding President of Young Alumni Board, designed to provide programming for graduates of the Law Faculty who have graduated over the past fifteen years.
Founding Director, Executive LL.M. in International Business Law at Boston University School of Law
Responsible for strategic, institutional, and administrative functions related to start-up of the Executive LL.M. in International Business Law, an innovative and flexible blended-learning program that marries asynchronous distance learning and intensive residential sessions to meet the needs of the experienced and busy international law practitioner. Job functions include marketing, advertising and recruitment; designing website content; setting up admissions and registration protocols and systems; establishing a Program advisory board; budgetary and financial tracking; managing support staff and work-study students; overseeing the interview and admissions process; coordinating the delivery of educational content in conjunction with the Academic Director.
Adjunct Faculty, Experimental College at Tufts University
* Created and taught course at the Ex College, "Famous Trials in U.S. History", offering an inter-disciplinary examination of 12 seminal American trials ranging from the Salem Witch Trials to the Impeachment Trial of President Clinton. Using these trials as vehicles to analyze the legal, cultural, historical, sociopolitical, philosophical and other contexts in which these trials occurred, we examine what these trials have to teach us about ourselves and our society and why they may each be considered a 'great American trial'.
* Received excellent student evaluations and named an 'exceptional instructor' in 2009.
Mediator, Massachusetts District Court Panel at Mediation Works, Inc.
* 8+ years mediating cases in Quincy District Court on a monthly basis
* Extensive experience in Summary Process (Eviction) cases and Small Claims matters
* Completed trainings in Elder, Family, Housing and Eviction, and Basic mediation